Local reports reveal that at least 35 aides to Nigeria’s vice president, Professor Yemi Osinbajo, have been sacked may not be true after all as an official reaction has been released.
The reaction, a denial, came from the office of the Secretary to the Government of the Federation (OSGF) which denies sack of 35 aides of Nigeria VP.
According to Vanguard reports the office said, through its director of press, Willie Bassey, that such action did not take place.
Bassey said he was not aware of any sack of the vice president’s aides as had been reported.
“I am not aware. People have been calling me to ask. Nobody has informed me of any such development,” the director said.
Trending locl reports had earlier quoted reports as noting that President Muhammadu Buhari recently approved the sack of at least 35 out of over 80 aides in the office of the vice president.
According to one of the reports, the affected aides, who were issued appointment letters in August 2019, included some senior special assistants, special assistants, personal assistants and technical assistants.
Meanwhile, despite insinuations of being made irrelevant in the presidency, Osinbajo, on Wednesday, November 6, presided over the Federal Executive Council (FEC) meeting.
The FEC meeting which was held as usual in the Presidential Villa in Abuja, is the second one that Osinbajo is presiding over since President Muhammadu Buhari travelled out of the country.